Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunday Projects... a lazy day...

First priority of the day... be totally lazy!  LOL  After a loooong but satisfying week of giving thanks for our friends and family and sharing time with those we care about, we're crashing today.

We're going to head to the market to do our version of fast food shopping... meaning we're only picking up a few basics... Then it's home again to make stock out of our turkey carcass, knit up a rag rug, and maybe make some yummy concoction from the leftovers of Thanksgiving.

Oh... I also have to thin out the broccoli seedlings under the cloche and replant the Chinese cabbage that was obliterated when I forgot to water the cloche on a particularly sunny day.  It gets hot under there!!

That's about it!  Throw in some blogging to get out some more recipes and this sounds like the perfect lazy day for us.  Gotta love days like this...

What are you all doing with your Sundays?

talk to you soon...
The Shibaguyz

11 comments:

Muddy Boot Dreams said...

Today I am starting to make my Christmas cards, I have been putting it off a little toooo long.

Jen

GardenJoy4Me said...

Guyz ... the same thing as you two ! LOL

Karen said...

Hi guyz! Geez, even your "lazy" Sundays sound pretty industrious and productive. I'm still in my PJ's here at 2pm... :) Going to head to the co-op in a bit to stock up on groceries for the week but otherwise just being a total lazybones!

perennialgardener said...

Well we had a rainy Sunday here, so I basically just did some housework & put up some Christmas decorations. Your day sounds busier than mine, lol.

Kim said...

It was pretty lazy to start off, but then DS had a youth orchestra concert. Finished up the last of the turkey, though - turkey and dumplings for dinner, perfect for a rainy Florida day.

our friend Ben said...

Yes! Yes! Now you guyz are starting to think like natural-born Southerners! Kick back and relax, tomorrow's not going away anytime soon. (And if you don't know the Crash Test Dummies' "I'm So Laid Back," you have to hear it. I still start laughing every time we play it. Way to go!!!)

Weed Whackin' Wenches said...

We spent the day cooking for the week ahead--Mexican pork stew, fall veggie tart, carrot soup, chickpea & roasted pumpkin salad, apple crisp, pumpkin custard.
--Curmudgeon

livinginalocalzone said...

I've been reading your blog for a while now and finally got out of the woodwork to post... you have no idea how much I've learned from you about local living and a sustainable lifestyle. I really admire you both.

Days in like that one are sometimes the most satisfying. I had a similar one last weekend, just being with loved ones, getting more food preservation (freezing, cooking, etc) done, and enjoying the shifting seasons.

Thanks For 2 Day said...

Hi Shibaguyz, I forgot, yes I HAVE visited you before--in fact I voted for one of your posts. I only say that because I left you a message on blotanical quite to the contrary. It's true, though...I haven't been here enough. SO, I've added myself as a 'follower' on your google widget, if that's ok? I noticed you haven't posted in a while, so I hope everything is ok w/you guyz. Jan/ThanksFor2Day

Anonymous said...

Hey Guyz
As a farmer I just wanted to Thank You for doing a great job informing people how important it is to eat local. Not only for their health but for the economy.
Thanks again & keep up the good work!!!! See ya Sunday

Olsen Farms

Tyra in Vaxholm said...

Lazy start, light my third candle in the Advent candleholder, coffee with saffron bread and ginger bisquits (home made of course) and then off to WORK it is Christmas market in Vaxholm! Asccch..just for a few hours and then home and my favorit thing to try to do nothing...browse some seed catalogs, drink some glögg (mulled wine)/ Tyra Have a great lazzzy day Guyz